5 Tips on Growing an Instagram Audience for Business
With more than 800 million users on Instagram, it’s no surprise that brands want to utilize this popular photo-sharing app. If your account is still in the beginning stages (or if it’s been up and running for a while), here are some tips to help grow your page’s audience.
- Follow Relevant Pages. One of the easiest ways to grow your Instagram audience is by following relevant pages and then following who they follow. You can also follow those who follow them. This often results in many accounts following you back.
- Send an Email Blast. This isn’t strictly a best practice for Instagram – it can be used for any of your social media platforms. Send out a brief, visually appealing email that announces your new page, and provide simple instructions on how to follow you. Also, tell your audience why they should give you a follow – whether it’s company updates, getting to know your employees, sharing user photos, information on latest promotions, etc. Give real reasons to become a follower.
- Cross-Promote on Other Platforms. Does your company already have a Facebook or Twitter account? Be sure to give your new account a shout-out. This can be done by drafting a brief post on how to find your page and what viewers can expect to see. For a visually appealing post, try creating a simple graphic using a resource such as Canva, which makes even a newbie look like a seasoned graphic designer. This will grab the eye of the person scrolling through their news feed.
- Like/Comment on Posts. After you’ve followed a relevant audience and populated your feed, it’s time to get to work. Try liking and commenting on posts that are relevant to your industry. This could be a quick “Congratulations,” or “This is something we could help you with.” Not only does this start the conversation, it puts the name of your company top of mind. Regardless, everyone appreciates an extra “like!”
- Add Social Media Handles to Email Signatures. Adding social media handles to your company email signature is a fantastic way to spread the word about your new account. Simply add “Follow (The Name of Your Company) on Social Media” and list the platforms you are on as well as the usernames in which they can find you. Everyone who receives an email from you now has the opportunity to join your following.
While it may be important to grow your Instagram following, your task does not stop there. Don’t forget to update your account with relevant content that is interesting to your target audience using hashtags and visually appealing images. This is how you’ll keep followers coming back for more.
To see what the team at Fiore Communications is up to, make sure to follow us on Instagram at username fiorecommunications.